Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Faith in God

Sunday at church Charlee and I were asked to teach Robby's primary class at the last minute. Right before Primary started I went out into the hall and there i found Robby's friend, Seth was really upset, crying and I asked him if he was Okay and he very bluntly told my that his mom and dad had acted like jerks that morning. I in turn told him that it was our jobs as parents to behave badly sometimes. After a little persuading he came into primary.
This is how the rest of the conversation went.
Me: So, Seth why were you so sad this morning? Are you Okay now?
Seth: My mom just started yelling at me and said "You've lost your faith in God"
Me: In my mind I was thinking, Gee Tracy your being a little harsh on the 8 year old don't you think. I didn't say anything more on the subject to Seth but for the next two hours all i could do was think of what this kid (Who had just gotten baptized a week ago) had done to provoke his mother into telling him he had lost his faith in God.
So after church I Talked to Tracy, Seth's Mom and I had to tell her about the conversation me and Seth had had that morning but be fore I had the chance to tell her everything Seth had said, she said, Seth was having such a hard morning because he lost his Faith in God (BOOKLET) And it all made sense!
We had a good laugh over it!

3 comments:

  1. Melanie, how funny is this? I just found your blog and you are posting the funny story about Seth losing his faith...I love it! That was quite hilarious! Anyway, I hope you are doing great! Good job on making a blog...I'm not so ambitious. Have a great day.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story. That made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rolling on the floor laughing, what a cute story!!!!

    ReplyDelete