Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ok, lets try this again!


I am going to start off slow and try to at least post something for everyones birthday.

So with the exception of Lacey, If I didn't give birth to you, don't be expecting me to be blogging about you.

I know that I will get crap for starting with Dewey because everyone thinks he is my favorite, but his birthday happens to be the first one of the year.

February 24, 1987
After being on bedrest for almost 2 months the Dr. said time for a baby. I guess I was to young to realize that I should of been scared that he was going to be born 6 weeks early. Teresa convinced me that the c-section was no big deal, and she was right. At 4:30 in the afternoon we had a baby. Although, I wasn't crazy about it, his name was going to be Dewey. Aunt Patty said she wouldn't speak to Charlee if he named him Dewey but that didn't last long.
Dewey Spent 2 weeks in Primary Childrens Hospital and when we brought him home he was on oxygen until he was 6 months old.
Dewey has always been very easy going.
He was given a lot of responsibility at a young age. He took care of his brother and sisters while we took care of what ever church calling we had at the time. He only lost his sister once and it wasn't for very long, he was however in quite a panic when we got home and he still had not located Charley-Anne. She had decided to play hide and seek by her self and fell asleep under the couch cushions.

Grandpa McNeill Gave Dewey this hat for his first birthday.



he was
such a cute little boy.

He's a great big brother.






He's always been a fabulous dresser.


And now he is a husband.
I hope this next year is a great one!

I am glad that I'm you mommy.

Love you, Dewd

9 comments:

  1. cute post, but isn't he your favorite? That's what Jeremy always says. hehe We love Dewey too. It has been a huge blessing in our lives to get to be his (and your neighbor) for so many years. It's like my second set of kids live across the street, or next door. Love ya all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Finally a post, it's a good one too. I had no idea Dewey had such a rough start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! I remember my mom not wanting you to name him Dewey. I also remember coming to see him in the hospital. That seems like it was forever ago. I was only like 4 and a half years old when he was born.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud, you figured out how to change the back ground & add birthday countdowns.

    That sure is a cute boy. I'm glad he's mine forever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my my mom wondering about the name Dewy:) We were talking about names the other day and she said "Like the name Dewey I thought they were crazy, But no other name would fit him" She is Funny. We love Dewy. I remember sleeping by his crib when me and Erica came to stay. Do you remember you ended up cleaning up after me all night:) My Birthday is June 22. JK:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEA! Your back to posting! I always wondered why you named your son after a Disney duck (ya know Huey, Dewey, and Louie) But truly, after knowing him all these years it totally fits him. A funny name for a funny, funny guy! What an awesome son you've raised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little kid. Those pictures bring back so many good memories. I'm glad you posted them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i didn't know you had a blog...? awesome! i have a blog up and going it's.... rachelholste.blogspot.com. Hope everything is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can i just say that it makes me giggle every time i think about the fact that Dewey had a mullet as a kid. I look at our pictures from Hawaii and it makes me laugh every time.

    BTW this is Winston.

    ReplyDelete